Saturday, June 13, 2009

A poem for my baby

Ok, I had a dream last night that I was writing a poem for Amia. Well, I woke up at 3:20 am, grabbed a paper and pen and wrote down what I remembered.

I didnt take pictures of her when she was born, I didnt get her footprints, none of that good stuff. I was in shock because it all happened so fast I didnt have time to really think.

I am going to make a scrapbook or something for her. This poem will be in it!

Amia Grace

From the time I knew you existed I longed to hold you against my chest.
I vowed to be not only a good mom, but to be the BEST
I longed to teach you how to talk
Watch you learn to crawl, and teach you to walk.
YOur grandma was eagerly awaiting to be a YaYa
And I could wait to hear you say mama
Even during the rough patches you made everything feel a little better
even when the morning sickness made me feel "under the weather!"
I didnt mind that you kicked me when I should have been asleep.
How did you make it hurt so much, with those ity bity feet?
You would have been my little princess,
my heart, my soul, my world.
but after a short 18 1/2 weeks something went wrong,
and you my love, my daughter, my angel, were gone.
You will never walk this earth nor breathe this air
Yes baby, I know its not fair!
I would have done anything for you to live,
for you, my own life I would give!
But, no matter how many tears i shed or how loud i scream
you will never be here physically...you will always feel like a dream.
You will always be in mommys heart and on my mind
you are the treasure I seek to find.
I may not have taken your picture or kissed you little head
but every night yours is the face I see before going to bed!
I swear to you baby, I will never forget your beautiful face.
You will always be MY Amia Grace!


She was my first born and always will be!

I love you AMIA GRACE!

1 comment:

  1. That poem is touching! I'm so sorry for your loss. I think the name Amia Grace is beautiful. (If Levi had been a girl his name would've been Anna Grace). Please e-mail me your address & I can send you more info about the kits (levishope@gmail.com) (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete